Tuesday, July 19, 2005

 

Washignton

Right now I'm in my room at the Grand Hyatt in DC enjoying the wireless! I had a lovely day yesterday with the parents. We got to DC early, then I went to the Bang Salon and died my hair a warmer brown with subtle highlights, no more blond streaks in the front. Then mom and I hit up another salon for pedicures and manicures. Good times.

This day of girly beauty was really part of my whole week since as a going away present mom treated me to a body polish steam treatment and facial last week at Cloud Nine Day Spa. It was my first time in a spa, of course I loved it!

Later in the evening we got all dressed up and went to a restaurant Paul had recommended just 2 blocks from the hotel, called the The Oceanair. The food was amazing. I had a Maine flounder stuffed with crabmeat, shrimp, and brie cheese, with mashed potatoes, and a strawberry and goat cheese salad. The waitress found out it was a going away dinner for me and took it upon herself to increase her tip for the evening by bringing an unsolicited desert which happened to be a 12 inch tower of pistachio ice cream covered in marshmellow cream on top of a brownie. The marshmellow cream was lit on fire at our table to toast the outside layer and then covered in fudge sauce... yumm
I am getting so fat. Mom's nose turned red from all the wine! It was such a good night.

I am so excited to be going back to Uganda! I can't wait to get there.
by the way, I am now armpit hair free.. Don't know how I feel about it quite yet, a bit of regret at this point, but it will always grow back. I had it waxed off, my god, it hurt sooooo bad, and I have a high tolerance for pain. Ouch!

Comments:
Spa and meat and hair color and pedicure and manicure and ice cream galore and wine and fudge sauce and armpit-free all in one blog...!

Lions and Tigers and Oh My, you are growing up wonderfully! Don't ya just love those girly days?!

Miss ya! Have a great time!

Z
 
Post a Comment

< < Home

Free Beer